NorCal Snowboarders has made arrangements for our very own
party bus snow trip! We'll ride up to Sierra @ Tahoe in style and no one needs to worry about driving! There is a minimum of
10 people needed to make the bus trip happen and up to
18 people plus equipment can load onto the bus. Cost for the bus is $25/person and includes snacks and refreshments, movies and tunes on board, fun people the chat with, and of course, you can bring adult beverages to enjoy on the bus! (I might even kick in a 6 pack or 2 for people to enjoy!) So relax, enjoy the carpool lane, forget about parking and let NorCal Snowboarders treat you to a no worries day on the hill. If you'd rather not jump on the party bus or if it fills up, we will still be setting up a carpool for this day. So let's hit Sierra in style! If you do not have a Triple Whammy, ticketing info can be found here:
http://www.sierraatta... We may also have a hookup for some discount tickets, so if you need one, state it in your RSVP.
- If you want to jump on the Party Bus or you are wanting to drive instead, please state in RSVP how many you can take with gear. Carpoolers please contact the driver directly through meetup to reserve your spot. Drivers, once your vehicle is full please update your RSVP that you're full and who you are taking.
- We meet at REI in Folsom at 6:30am on the dot, we leave at 6:45am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, plan on having cash for your driver. $15 per passenger.
- If you want to jump on the party bus, cost is $25.
- When we get to the resort we will meet inside the BASE LODGE at 9:00am
LUNCH: We will meet at Restaurant at the top of GrandView Express at 12:30pm for lunch. It is important that we all make this rendezvous in the event that we become separated and do not have a cellphone or walkie talkie, but please try to stay with someone who has one of the two. We will try to make sure if we separate into smaller groups or we are working with less experienced riders that we have a way to communicate with other groups.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $15 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling)
- A bagged lunch or money to purchase food
- All your gear! Boots, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Your NorCal Snowboarder Bandana if you made one at the waxing party!
- Optional: Motorola Walkie Talkies, if you have them, we use channel 7-38 so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
If you have an Android, BlackBerry, iPhone or Magellan, bring it! Go to
www.phresheez.com and add the app to your device. This way we can race each other on the mountain, GPS our fastest speeds, our longest runs, and see how good we are on opening weekend! This app is AWESOME, and best of all, it’s FREE!! Get it!
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet (unless it’s 3 feet of POW!) Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!