This month, Run to Feed the Hungry will attract over 27,000 participants to race (5k walk/run or 10k) & raise money for the Sacramento Food Bank.
Now more than ever this organization needs our help. With this economy impacting more & more families:
1) Less donations have been coming in and...
2) Less jobs/more layoffs mean more families than ever are in need and are coming to the Sacramento Food Bank for support.
This is a sad equation. With fewer donations coming in, the money raised from this race has a TREMENDOUS impact on the Sacramento Food Bank's ability to serve these families in our community.
(♥) Proceeds from your team race fee benefit Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
WE CAN HELP FRIENDS!!! LET'S DO THIS!
Let's get together to have fun as a team running, skipping, and hopping & gobbling like it's our business! Good times will be had for sure!
This 18th annual event is held on Thanksgiving Morning, November 24th.
★YOU MUST SIGN UP BY WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH (Midnight)★
◕ NEW this year: Team Members will receive a custom half zip long sleeve technical shirt with the Run to Feed the Hungry logo. This is a huge upgrade from past years and sizes come in both women’s and men’s for the perfect fit. Since team members will be receiving the upgraded garment this year, members are able to purchase the traditional race shirt for $10 if they would like one. Members may do this when registering for their team online.
◕ VIP parking (this will def come in handy with 27,000 participants!)
◕ VIP tent area with coffee, water and breakfast snacks
◕ Professional team photo with members holding a team sign (sign will be provided)
- Custom long sleeve gender-specific race shirt
- On course music
- Post race music
- Prize money
- Age group awards
- ChronoTrack Timing
- Jumbotron video screen
- Live television race coverage
Ready to join the NorCal Snowboarders RUN TO FEED THE HUNGRY team?
Just follow the instructions below:
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.★
1. Go to www.RunToFeedTheHungry.com by 11/16/11 (midnight).
2. Click the TEAMS tab on the top header and read about the team program.
3. Click the REGISTER button on the left-hand side of the page
4. Click the ONLINE REGISTRATION button
5. Fill out the registration form pages one by one online -start by choosing who you’d like to register
6. Next, choose either TEAM TIMED $50 or TEAM UNTIMED $50
NOTE #1: ONLY choose TIMED if you are running and want to be timed. All walkers MUST choose TEAM UNTIMED.
NOTE #2: Members of the same team do NOT need to run the same event.
NOTE #3: If you are NOT planning to be there on race day, but still want to participate on the team and receive a shirt, please select TEAM UNTIMED as well.)
7. Next enter your first name, last name, birth date and gender
8. Select your team from the drop down menu list. – NorCal Snowboarders
9. Read and agree to the online waiver by choosing AGREE.
10. Next enter your mailing address.
11. Enter your best contact phone number (including area code) and your email twice.
12. Select your shirt size. PLEASE review the sizing chart as this year we have GENDER SPECIFIC sizing. The team garment will be an upgraded half zip technical shirt. Be sure to choose the correct size and gender.
13. Kindly add an additional donation to your registration if you can do so.
14. This year, since the teams will receive the half zip shirt, we are allowing members to purchase an additional traditional race shirt for $10, as this will NOT be included in the registration. If you wish to do so, choose your size (remembering that these too are gender specific).
15. If you were given a payment code, please enter it on this slide. If NOT, please leave AS IS and click NEXT.
16. Here you will see your registrant summary. You may now choose ANOTHER to register another member, or click CHECKOUT to continue to payment.
17. Once at checkout, enter your credit card information.
18. You are now officially REGISTERED. Share it on your Twitter or Facebook pages with a simple click if you choose.
AFTER registering, you will receive an email confirmation. Within 5-10 minutes you will receive another email that includes your FUNDRAISING ID.
Once you have your ID, go to www.runtofeedthehungry.com, click on the FUNDRAISING TAB, then click the CREATE FUNDRAISING PAGE link to create your personal fundraising page.
Choose your user and password, confirm your password, then enter your Fundraising ID # or do a name look-up. Click CREATE ACCOUNT. You can then click on EDIT FUNDRAISING PAGE.
There, you can customize your page, keep track of your donations and find tools to help with raising funds, including online email blasts, letters, etc. Your team captain will be able to see your donations on the team page as well.
DON’T FORGET that when you raise donations, you earn chances to win cool stuff for yourself! Check out the GIVE & WIN page for details.
THANKS for your support. See you on Thanksgiving Day!
Questions or Problems?
Derek La Crone