NorCal Day at The Presidio - Picnic and Hike
Come on out with your fellow NorCal Snowboarder members as we gather for a 13 mile circuit hike in the Presidio. A picnic will be the choice of lunch (close to noon) at the Main Post of the Presidio at Off the Grid which holds a collection of gourmet food trucks, tents and carts.
10:30 am Meet at the Crissy Field Center. The address is 1199 E Beach, San Francisco 94129. Parking is available at location and is free.
If you do not see this structure, YOU ARE AT THE WRONG PARKING LOT!!!
*Please note that this is rated as an intermediate level hike. There is a good amount of uphill hiking.
Our route will go through the Letterman District, Lyon Street steps (right past Sen. Diane Feinstein's home), and down Lover's Lane.
After lunch we will proceed to: Inspiration Point Overlook, a portion of the Bay Area Ridge Trail, El Polin Springs, the San Francisco National Cemetery Overlook, the Outer Richmond on Lake Street, the Lincoln Park Steps, the Seacliff neighborhood, Baker Beach, Battery to Bluffs Trail, Coast Trail under the Golden Gate bridge and the San Francisco Bay trail along Crissy Field.
This will be our route:
We will get to view or go past 6 different San Francisco neighborhoods: The Marina, Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Inner and Outer Richmond, and Seacliff. We will pass by 3 Andrew Goldsworthy Exhibits, The Woodline, The Treefall and The Spire.
There are several differing environments that we will walk though: Redwood, Eucalyptus, and Cyprus Groves, a dune habitat, a riparian habitat, bluffs at the ocean, and a tidal marsh. We will walk on some sidewalks (concrete and asphalt) and trail (soil, gravel, and sand).
• If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take.
• We meet at 8:15am on the dot, we leave at 8:30am sharp!
• Arrive at Crissy Field Center (1199 E Beach, San Francisco 94129) by 10:30am.
• If you plan on carpooling, have $25 cash. Please have exact change!
Remember to bring:
• $25 for gas/toll for the driver (if you're carpooling; exact change is appreciated)
• Comfortable shoes (hiking boots preferable)
• Plenty of water/Gatorade
• Funds/food/snacks for the hike and picnic
• Sunscreen / sunglasses / hat
• Appropriate clothing for San Francisco weather
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!