It's a sad day for our bus trip... Due to a freak incident involving a band of traveling nomads, several small woodland creatures, an electric blender and several old issues of Teen Beat Magazine, our Mighty Bus Trip has been canceled. I won't go into too much more detail, but just know that most all of the Jell-o was able to be removed from the animals fur, several high-ranking executives from Baby Gap have been brought to justice and thankfully, the bus driver's ear was able to be reattached. The bus, however, still has yet to be repainted. :) So, we're switching it over to a carpool! Please let me know
ASAP if you are able to drive, because as of now, we have more people than rides! If you do not have a Season Pass, ticket info can be found here:
http://www.northstara... Those with Season Passes may also be able to get discount tickets at the resort.
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take with gear. Carpoolers please watch the bottom of this post to see what carpool you're in. Drivers, please also watch this post and flag any necessary adjustments that need to be made to your carpool.
- We meet at 6:30am on the dot, we leave at 6:45am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, have $15 cash for your driver... Please try and have exact change!
- When we get to the resort we will meet at the base of the Big Springs Express Gondola at 9:00am
LUNCH: We will meet
Upstairs at the Mid-Mountain Lodge (The Lodge at Big Springs) at 12:30pm for lunch. It is important that we all make this rendezvous in the event that we become separated and do not have a cellphone or walkie talkie... Please try to stay with someone who has one of the two. Please try to make sure, if we separate into smaller groups, that we all have a way to communicate with each other.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $15 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; Exact change is appreciated)
- A bagged lunch or money to purchase food
- All your gear! Boots, board, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Optional: Motorola Walkie Talkies: if you have one, bring it! We use channel 7-38 so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
If you have an Android, BlackBerry, iPhone or Magellan, bring it! Go to
www.phresheez.com and add the app to your device. This way we can race each other on the mountain, GPS your fastest speeds, your longest runs, track your milage, and see how well you're doing on the mountain! It's a great FREE app.
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet! Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!