Norcal Snowboarder Broomball Tourney
Is Ice hockey too ... well, too much like ice skating for bullies? Figure skating too demanding?
Finally, there's something for those of us who want to hit the ice without balancing on a pair of razor blades.
It's called broomball, and you can do it in sneakers.
Come join Norcal Snowboarders, and SAC STATE SKI CLUB for our 2nd Annual BROOMBALL TOURNAMENT at Iceland Ice-Skating Rink!
What's broomball you ask? Consider it a cross between soccer and ice hockey -- requiring less skill and filled with slip-slidin’ fun, a great adrenaline rush, and a choose-your-own cardiovascular workout adventure – you can (try to) run all around the ice playing extremely actively, or you can hang out and defend the goal or cherry-pick and wait for the ball to come to you to score a goal ... and everything in between.
No skills or experience necessary!
Here is a link to see what Broomball is all about:
Here's the plan:
In case of a tie, 3 players from each team will be allowed to do penalty shots, If the penalty shots cannot determine a winner, a coin toss will decide the winner.
The cost is $16 per person, ($5 if you're just gonna cheerlead & must be paid at door.) As you RSVP, I will call you to run your card.
**Refund is ONLY offered if you cancel 7 days prior to event, or in case of EVENT CANCELLATION**
There is a strict limit on 80 total players, so you MUST pay for you spot ASAP. Payment is taken via PayPal when you RSVP on meetup, please have payment information ready when RSVPing and accept the refund policy.
This is a FRIENDLY COMPETITION, and the winner gets BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!
Also, please DO NOT RSVP for this event if you're a MAYBE.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- Dress in warmclothing, there is no ROOF, so when your team is not playing, be sure to dress warm.
- An extra sweater to keep warm once game is completed.
- Optional equipment would include, helmet, kneepads, GOLD PLATED SHIELD and 18th century battle axe (See BRAVEHEART for example), warpaint, and remember "They can take out your goalie, but they can NEVER TAKE AWAY YOUR FREEDOM!!"
- And most importantly, bring your smile.
All necessary gear will be provided for each team. There are also PORT-A-POTTIES onsite for our use as well.
RULES TO FOLLOW:
- NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED!!
- There will be no in & out privilieges. If you leave the grounds, you will not be allowed back inside. This is for insurance reasons and must be strictly adhered to.
- No LOITERING out in front of Iceland property.
- Only players, referee, and photographer will be allowed on the ice during the game.
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet!
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!