***Underground Shasta Caverns Tour****
Your Lake Shasta Caverns adventure begins with a ride across the crystal blue waters of Shasta Lake on a 65 foot catamaran. As you cross the McCloud arm of Shasta Lake, the boat captain will talk about the lake, the geography and some facts about the area. You will soon arrive on the east shore just below the limestone North Gray Rocks.
Continue your tour with a comfortable ride in our custom busses up the hill to the cavern entrance. Along the way you may spot several of the animals that reside on this pristine mountain like the bald eagle, osprey, mountain lion, bobcat, black bear, or black-tailed deer. Manzanita, red bud, oak and pine dot the hillside and you will enjoy stunning vistas of the lake below.
At the cavern entrance your expert guide will explain the history of the caverns, its discovery, and how limestone caverns are formed. Upon entering the carefully preserved underground world of the caverns, you will be surrounded by crystal beauty 250 million years in the making! As you turn each corner, a different surprise awaits you in the form of unique and stunning calcite formations!
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take. Carpoolers please watch the bottom of this post to see what carpool you're in. Drivers, please also watch this post and flag any necessary adjustments that need to be made to your carpool.
- We meet at 8:00am on the dot, we leave at 8:15am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, have $35 cash... Please try and have exact change!
We will stopping to have lunch on the way to Redding, or once in Redding. It'll be up to everyones input.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $35 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; Exact change is appreciated)
- 61 degrees underground, so sweater or hoody.
- Bag lunch(optional)
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!