-Picayune Valley Trail Hike-
Carpool Fee: $20 per
Length: 8.6 miles
Elevation: 800 feet, beginning at 8,232.
Meet at Sunsplash at 8:15 am
Leave Sunsplash at 8:30 am
Meet at Trailhead / Talbot Campground (LOCATION)
The Hike Plan:
Come out and join NorCal Snowboarders for this beautiful hike. The grand scenery and solitude found along this trail are worth the drive. Sharp peaks, granite ridges, and sheer cliffs dominate the glacially scoured Picayune Valley. Old-growth forests, lush meadows, and aspens dot the valley floor, and the trail leads to a scenic cascade and an even more spectacular waterfall. This trail packs a lot of outstanding Sierra landscape into a relatively short hike.
What to Bring:
• Carry more water than you than you think you’ll drink – 2 liters is best.
• Plenty of "fuel"-Snacks, etc
• Fill your water bottles half way night prior, then top off in the am.
• Bring a paper or plastic bag for your trash. Pack it in-pack it out. We don’t leave trash on the trail.
• Bring some cash for a possible post-hike lunch.
• Bring post hiking shoes. Your feet will thank you.