As you all know, Heavenly opens the 19th… but lots of us M-F’ers do what they call
“workin’ for the weekend!” So, to kick off opening weekend with your Double (or should I say, TRIPLE?) Whammy Pass, let’s all go to Heavenly! If you do not have a Heavenly/Northstar Season Pass, or a Triple Whammy, ticketing info can be found here:
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take with gear. Carpoolers please contact the driver directly through meetup to reserve your spot. Drivers, once your vehicle is full please update your RSVP that you're full and who you are taking.
- We meet at REI in Folsom at 6:30am on the dot, we leave at 6:45am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, plan on having cash for your driver. $10-$15 should cover it.
- When we get to the resort we will meet at Driftwood Café in the Village at Heavenly at 9:00am
LUNCH: We will meet at East Peak Lodge (Mid-Mountain) at 12:30pm for lunch. It is important that we all make this rendezvous in the event that we become separated and do not have a cellphone or walkie talkie, but please try to stay with someone who has one of the two. I will try to make sure if we separate into smaller groups or I am working with less experienced riders that I have a way to communicate with other groups.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $10-$15 for gas for the driver
- A bagged lunch or money to purchase food
- All your gear! Boots, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Your NorCal Snowboarder Bandana if you made one at the waxing party (Nov 13th)!
- An EAR TO EAR
- Optional: Walkie Talkies, if you have them so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
If you have an Android, BlackBerry, iPhone or Magellan, bring it! Go to
www.phresheez.com and add the app to your device. This way we can race each other on the mountain, GPS our fastest speeds, our longest runs, and see how good we are on opening weekend! This app is AWESOME, and best of all, it’s FREE!! Get it!
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet (unless it’s 3 feet of powder!) Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars! Let’s have a Heavenly Sunday!