Ho Ho Hooooly crap that's a lotta Santas! Yep peeps, that's right. To get you in the festive spirit, we've gotta doozy of a trip planned for ya!
1st) We hit up Northstar @ Tahoe to ride 2nd) We party it Big Santa style in Reno The 2nd incredibly awesome part is optional, but we highly recommend it!
BONUS: If you're a
newbie, you're in for a treat! The weekend of 12/11 you can
learn to ride for only $25 at Northstar! For $25, you get:
- 2-hour first-time beginner Ski or Snowboard instruction
- Beginner’s lift ticket (access to beginner lifts only), and
- Rental equipment.
Get the full details for this deal here:
Learn to Ride for $25! The Reno Santa Crawl (
www.renosantacrawl.com) is a yearly event, and
benefits childrens charities. Nothing like partying for a good cause, right? One really cool thing about this event is the Silver Legacy is offering double queen rooms at a special discount rate of only $59! So, if you split the room with a friend, you're looking at only $30/pp! Aaaaand...the Silver Legacy usually places all the Santas on the same floors adding to Christmas chaos and holiday fun.
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take with gear. Carpoolers please watch the list at the bottom of this post to see which carpool you're in. Drivers, please also watch this post and flag any necessary adjustments that need to be made to your carpool.
- We meet at 6:30am on the dot, we leave at 6:45am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, have $15 cash for your driver... Please try and have exact change!
- When we get to the resort we will meet at the ticket counters near the ice rink at 9:00am
LUNCH: We will meet at mid-mountain lodge, 2nd floor at 12:30pm for lunch. It is important that we all make this rendezvous in the event that we become separated and do not have a cellphone or walkie talkie... Please try to stay with someone who has one of the two. Please try to make sure, if we separate into smaller groups, that we all have a way to communicate with each other.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $15 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling, exact change is appreciated)
- A bagged lunch or money to purchase food
- All your gear! Boots, board, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Optional: Motorola Walkie Talkies: if you have one, bring it! We use channel 7-38 so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
We always recommend wearing a helmet.