The "I'll Be Feeling Sick on Friday" Sierra@Tahoe Trip
In case you need an excuse to get out of work, you can always try the traditional "I'm sick". The trick is to start the sickness late Thursday so as not to arise any suspicion. Then again, you can always take the direct approach... "I'm not coming in today. I'll be there tomorrow morning". These may not work for you, so I've taken the liberty of including a few "unique" excuses that your boss has probably not heard:
1. I have an Orthodontist appointment. My braces are invisible. I need to get them adjusted.
2. I almost overdosed on heroin last night, and I can't feel my teeth.
3. I don't feel like working, and if I were to come in, all I'd do is play around on Facebook.
4. I was drugged last night and am currently somewhere in Mexico.
5. I'm feeling suicidal today and I don't want any of you to be in any way involved in triggering my impulse.
6. I am stuck in a blood pressure machine down at Wal-mart.
7. I was sprayed by a skunk and it'll take a few days for the smell to wear off.
Hopefully one of these works for you and you can join us on Friday @ Sierra!
If you do not have a Season Pass, ticket info can be found at the resort's website. Those with Season Passes may also be able to get discount tickets.
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take [b]with gear[/b]. Carpoolers please watch the bottom of this post to see what carpool you're in. Drivers, please also watch this post and flag any necessary adjustments that need to be made to your carpool.
- We meet at 6:30am on the dot, we leave at 6:45am sharp!
- If you plan on carpooling, have $15 cash for your driver... Please try and have exact change!
- When we get to the resort we will meet at the Base Lodge at 8:45am
We will meet at 360º Smokehouse BBQ at 12:30pm for lunch. It is important that we all make this rendezvous in the event that we become separated and do not have a cellphone or walkie talkie. Please try to stay with someone who has one of the two. Please try to make sure, if we separate into smaller groups, that we all have a way to communicate with each other.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- $15 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; Exact change is appreciated)
- A bagged lunch or money to purchase food
- All your gear! Boots, board, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Optional: Motorola Walkie Talkies: if you have one, bring it! We use channel 7-38 so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet!
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!