Kayak with Humpback Whales and Sea Otters
Tis the season people!!! Time to see humpback whales and sea otters!!! This a guided whale watching tour. Just off the coast of Moss Landing lies the Monterrey Bay Submarine Canyon, over a mile deep. The nutrient rich waters support a huge variety of fish, birds and marine mammals.
Paddle out of Moss Landing Harbor in search of humpback whales. Last year, Venture Quest Kayaking had a whale siting rate of 100%. So the odds are definitely in our favor. Afterwards we return to the harbor and enter Elkhorn Slough to behold the furry cuteness of sea otters.
We are ONLY renting DOUBLE kayaks, NO SINGLES. ($60, Pay upon arrival)
No prior kayak skills are necessary, though in case of emergency, basic swimming skills are required.
• If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take.
• We meet at 5:45am on the dot, we leave at 6:00am sharp!
• If you plan on carpooling, have $25 cash... Please try and have exact change!
POST WHALE WATCHING:
Lunch will be decided post event, based on group vote
REMEMBER TO BRING:
• $25 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; Exact change is appreciated)
• $60 for the tour. Includes all kayak equipment, guide, and introductory lesson
• Plenty of water/Gatorade
• Funds/food for the post-whale watching extravaganza
• Change of clothes, if you want to switch before/after
As always, please be safe and wear a swimsuit!
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!