- Cataract Falls 8 mile loop hike -
Come on out with your fellow NorCal Snowboarder members as we gather for a 8 mile circuit hike in Fairfax, Marin County. The trail for the most part is shaded.
9:00 am Meet at the Rock Springs Trailhead on W Ridgecrest Blvd, Stinson Beach, CA 94970. Parking is free, however since it's a very popular trailhead parking gets busy early. There are porta potties at the trailhead.
Please note that this is rated as an intermediate level hike. There is a 1,000 ft elevation gain between miles 4 and 6.
This will be our route:
We'll hike the first 2 miles together as a group. There are several trails crisscrossing each other and it's really easy to take the wrong turn. After the second mile, the speedsters can go on their merry way. We'll stop for a break at Alpine Lake (mile 4). Mile 4 to mile 6 is a buttkicker. It's all uphill. In those two miles we'll gain 1,000 feet. We'll have a longer break for lunch at the cataract (mile 5.75). After lunch we'll head back to the trailhead.
• If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take.
• We meet at 6:30am on the dot, we leave no later than 6:45am.
• Arrive at Rock Springs Trailhead by 9:00am.
• If you plan on carpooling, have $25 cash. Please have exact change!
• Drivers, once you exit Hwy 101, keep an eye for cyclists, they will be everywhere slowing traffic down as you make your way up to the trailhead.
Remember to bring:
• $25 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; exact change is appreciated)
• Comfortable shoes (hiking boots preferable)
• Plenty of water/Gatorade
• Snacks / Lunch
• Sunscreen / sunglasses / hat
• Appropriate clothing for Bay Area weather
• Hiking poles
• Good vibes and positive attitude
Looking forward to a fun day meeting new peeps and catching up with some of the regulars!