Guided Whale Tour with Otters and Sea Lions
Tis the season people!!! Time to see sea lions and otters on the guided whale watching tour. Just off the coast of Moss Landing lies the Monterrey Bay Submarine Canyon, over a mile deep. The nutrient rich waters support a huge variety of fish, birds and marine mammals.
We will paddle out of Moss Landing Harbor and head into the open ocean waters. Depending on the fog will determine how far out we will head out, there is not a guarantee to see whales however that is a possibility. Do note that the there is a possibility to have rocky waters which can cause for sea sickness.
We are ONLY renting DOUBLE kayaks, NO SINGLES. ($60, Pay upon arrival)
No prior kayak skills are necessary, though in case of emergency, basic swimming skills are required.
Please note that to park at the dry dock it will cost $7 (cash) to park, there is a form that would will need to fill out within the lot.
• If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take.
• We meet at 5:45am on the dot, we leave at 6:00am sharp!
• Arrive at 2390 Highway 1 Moss Landing, CA 95039-9642 by 9am.
• If you plan on carpooling, have $25 cash... Please try and have exact change!
POST WHALE WATCHING:
• This is a BYOF establishment that will let you bring or try some of their food, as well as dog friendly
REMEMBER TO BRING:
• $25 for gas for the driver (if you're carpooling; Exact change is appreciated)
• $60 for the tour. Includes all kayak equipment, guide, and introductory lesson
• Plenty of water/Gatorade
• Funds/food for the post-whale watching extravaganza
• Change of clothes, if you want to switch before/after
As always, please be safe and wear a swimsuit!
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!